01872 211866

What are the most popular gifts to send for Valentine's Day?

Are you celebrating Valentine's Day this year? Surveys show about 80% of people in a relationship choose to celebrate Valentine’s Day. I’m not sure what the other 20% are up to… The data certainly does shows that you’ll likely make the most effort if you have been with your partner for 2 years or less, so there is clearly a drop off in romantic gestures on Valentine's Day for those of you have been together for a while.

heart shortbread

Despite general perceptions that Valentine’s Day is most important to women, it is mostly men who feel that celebrating Valentine’s Day with their partner is important. 68% of men would be disappointed if they didn’t celebrate the day compared to 51% of women.

So, what do people actually buy their partner for Valentine’s? In the UK about 40% of people will send a card to their loved one, 17% will indulge them with a box of chocolates, 14% will go out for a romantic meal, and 7% will send flowers.

If you are looking for some creative ideas to celebrate Valentine's 2023 look no further we have ideas to make the perfect day no matter how long you have been together.

Flowers & Chocolates

While beautiful artisan chocolates such as these delicious Langley's Handmade Chocolates will never go out of fashion, you could combine the beauty of roses with the finest handmade chocolate with these Tinkture Rose Gin Truffles made by specialist chocolatiers Chocolarder.

Rose Gin Truffles

Cook a Romantic Dinner Together

Save some pennies and rather than going out rustle up something special together. No need to find a babysitter, squeeze into an overcrowded restaurant, and find a taxi at the end of the night. You can enjoy your favourite dishes at home and make a romantic moment creating it together. You can find all you'll need to make a special meal for two from our sister company The Cornish Food Box Company, and it will be delivered to your door from the heart of Cornwall. 

If you don't fancy spending too much time in the kitchen why not order one of these amazing Heart Shaped Pasties? Perfect for two to share and available as traditional steak, cheese or vegan.

Treasure Hunt

Add a fun element to your gift giving this year. Design a special treasure hunt with lots of little gifts for your loved one to find. Use a combination of treats and trinkets that you know they'll love from minature bottles of Tinkture Rose Gin, delicious Strawberry Heart Shaped Shortbreads, and delicious artisan chocolate from Chocolarder.

Couples Activity

Spend time together. You could choose to learn a new skill, try a new activity, or make something to symbolise your partnership. Whether it is polishing up your dance skills together, trying out a new sport, or getting hot under the collar in the kitchen, working on something together is the best way to bring you together.

Make Your Own Card

A handmade card shows that you have made an effort to make something special just for them. You don't have to be an awesome artist - the simplest designs can be the most effective and there are plenty of ideas and inspiration online. 

valentines card